sunnuntai 15. helmikuuta 2015

Be Yourself - Mixed Media Tutorial

Taas tuli tehtyä yksi 30 x 30 cm mixed media -työ, jossa hyödynsin mm. Fiskarsin upeaa kennolävistäjää. Suomenkielisiä ohjeita löytyy Fiskarettesista TÄÄLTÄ!

I made another 30 x 30 cm (12 x 12 inches)  mixed media canvas piece and this time I made it for my son. He has an Asperger syndrome and gets bullied at school sometimes because he's different. I wanted to remind him with this piece that it's important to be yourself even if it means you're a bit different.  I hope this will help him with the social issues he's having and he gets strength to be himself  as he truly is a special boy <3 p="">

First I punched out some hexagon with the XL sized Fiskars Squeeze Punch from Post-it notes and arranged them at the center of the canvas to create a "mask".



Then I punched out some hexagon from Prima Marketing papers and glued them with gel medium. I trimmed the excess paper of with Fiskars scissors and used the scissors to distress the edges. Then I removed the post-it pieces and left the piece to dry overnight.


Here's a closeup from the edge, which has been distressed with scissors blade.


Next Day I sprayed some Distress Stain sprays over the piece. I used Vintage Photo, Antique Linen, Walnut Stain and Rusted Hinge.


After sprays were dry I took Black Soot - Distress Marker and draw lines on the edges of the hexagons. I blurred the lines with my finger.  I also added some Distress Ink: Black Soot on the edges.


Closeup from the blurred Distress Marker lines.


I used the same shades of Distress Stain Sprays as earlier on canvas and sprayed them on aquarelle paper. Then I stamped the text with letter stamps on there and cut the letter out individually.  I inked the edges with Distress Ink: Black Soot and glued them down with gel medium. 

Finally I used Fiskars Fuse and some Sizzix Bigz -dies to create black chipboard embellishments on the edges of the canvas piece.  I also added some golden gilding wax on the edges of the chipboard pieces to give more metallic feel. Then I added some gilding wax on the top the canvas too and signed the piece.


Closeup from the letters.


Closeup from the chipboard pieces and the gilding wax shimmer.



Ei kommentteja:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...